The Citadel of Lost Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Citadel of Lost Souls

RPG Forum based on Undertale and its Aus. (Idea from Askellie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Honey
Lost Soul
Honey

OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey Empty
PostSubject: OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey   OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey EmptyTue 19 Sep - 20:29

[Contents of this post currently redacted by Mod request, pending discussion]

Last edited by Honey on Tue 19 Sep - 20:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker
W.D. Gaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey   OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey EmptyTue 19 Sep - 20:35

Please, this kind of post is totally Meta. The principle of a forum is: You post what you want somewere and anyone can answer.

If you need, I can add a subtopic or something in the Save file to know if someone agree to what thing.
But please don't give informations like that, it's better to find out in RP.
Back to top Go down
https://undraurpg.rpg-board.net
Honey
Lost Soul
Honey

PostSubject: Re: OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey   OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey EmptyTue 19 Sep - 20:43

I can take the post down if you like, but in most other RPs I've been part of, having good out-of-character communication and plotting posts is a valuable tool for building good character relationships and strong plotlines. It prevents misunderstandings between players, allows you to state your boundaries and restrictions so you're not made uncomfortable, and also gives some insight on how to approach a character so that naturally stoic or aggressive characters (like Underfells) don't just immediately rebuff other players if approached the wrong way. It takes some of the guesswork and confusion out of the equation.

It's up to you, but I've found that when it comes to RP, having info like this is helpful to other people, not something intrusive or unwanted.
Back to top Go down
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker
W.D. Gaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey   OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey EmptyTue 19 Sep - 20:51

You can add it in your Memories if you find it so important, especially the restrictions.

But I think it's not good for the RP if everyone know you can be manipulated... or a virgin. No one need to know, It's something players have to find out about while interacting with your character.

So please, yes, take down what's not needed. Ask yourself the question: Can this element be discovered in RP? If the answer is yes, then no one need to know now.
If it's something that's important only Out of RP, then you can share the information. And I have to remind that only those who have access to a certain part of the Forum are allowed to do 18+ stuff...

For that you have to prove your age one way or an other to be added to the group 18+
Back to top Go down
Honey
Lost Soul
Honey

PostSubject: Re: OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey   OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey EmptyTue 19 Sep - 21:10

I'll censor the contents of the post for now, but I actually (respectfully! I'm not trying to be argumentative) disagree with you on the above points!

Firstly, all players have to learn to maintain a divide between in-character knowledge and out-of-character knowledge. It doesn't matter what information I divulge about Honey out-of-character. Players can read his backstory, his age, his soul trait...already there's lots that a player will know that their character doesn't. Talking about his situation, his personality, how he acts as in this plotting post...none of that needs to be kept a secret just for the sake of keeping it a secret and I don't expect anyone to use that knowledge against him in-character without justifying how their character knows it.

Secondly, when it comes to things like how Honey can be manipulated, that's because I'm totally open to those sorts of relationships! Roleplay isn't a game that you need to 'win'. You don't need to hide your weaknesses or you 'lose' to other characters. It doesn't handicap me by making that fault known, but rather it makes it easier for villainous or selfishly motivated characters to create the kind of relationship that's more suited to THEIR playstyle. Not everyone is going to play nice, and those who want to play villains often have a hard time because people feel the need to one-up them or win against them when that's not what roleplay is about. This is why communication is important: both stating what my boundaries are, and also what options are open to people who want to play with me.

And if anything ends up going in an 18+ direction, I know we have to get that checked and I'm happy to prove my age. Again, it's about communicating clearly what directions I'm happy to go in rather than making other players guess.
Back to top Go down
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker
W.D. Gaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey   OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey EmptyTue 19 Sep - 21:20

Being argumentative is a good think to get your point.

And you know what? Your arguments are good and you convinced me. I will add a subsection for that.
It's just, I've seen too many times player use OOC knowledge in RP in the past so it scare me a little ( it's not fun when they do that). But okay, I'll just be more vigilant about that.

Do you have any suggestion about how to name it and anything so I can add it as a subsection of the Save file?
Back to top Go down
Honey
Lost Soul
Honey

PostSubject: Re: OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey   OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey EmptyTue 19 Sep - 21:33

Very Happy Thank you for being so open to discussion! I have also seen players use OOC knowledge without permission. It does happen, and I understand why it's a concern. The sad truth is that there's no way to fully protect all IC information. Players can view and read all threads, even ones their character isn't part of. They will find things out even if you try not to tell them. I've found it's better just to be up-front with them, and call them out if they act wrongly. Good roleplayers will respect the IC/OOC line.

I'm not sure how things work on forums, and I'll defer to your greater experience! In other roleplay communities, there's often a dedicated OOC section where people can talk as players about plotting, plans and asking questions. Maybe to combine it more with your idea, have a 'Permissions' section? Then people can post what relationships they are open to (ie. My character doesn't like any version of Alphys), What boundaries they' have (ie.This Player absolutely does not like fontcest or incest of any kind), and any helpful information about meeting them IC or starting a thread with them.
Back to top Go down
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker
W.D. Gaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey   OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey EmptyTue 19 Sep - 21:35

Communication and discussion is important in a community.
In all the forums i've been (and in 15 years, I've been in a lot of them) we tend to use the private messaging to ask if someone agree or not to something on RP. But we'll try your way.

Okay, I'll work on that. ^^ Thanks for the contribution!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey   OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC Plotting post: find yourself a Honey
Page 1 of 1