The Citadel of Lost Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Citadel of Lost Souls

RPG Forum based on Undertale and its Aus. (Idea from Askellie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... Empty
PostSubject: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyThu 21 Sep - 19:20

It was a regular night at The Slow Burn, where there was all manner of Sanses and Papyruses cluttering the building. Many were around the stages, surrounding 'brothers', or those they allowed themselves to believe were theirs...

Others were at booths around the sides of the room, chatting and eating...

And then the actual bar, where that brilliantly purple flamed elemental resided, mixing a whole bunch of drinks and giving them out with expert skill. It would be easy for one to get lost in a crowd of overly familiar faces...especially considering just trying to make your way over to the bar would probably include one getting bumped into at least twenty times. But it wasn't like many cared. There was an air of normalcy here, where the depressive aura of Sanstown was repressed, at least for a little while.
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyThu 21 Sep - 19:42

Two monsters enter, looking out of place. The first is a swap Papyrus, slouching slightly as he enters, with a bored expression on his face. A cigarette hangs so loosely between his teeth that it's a small miracle it hasn't fallen out yet. He scans the crowd and makes his way to the bar, lazily picking his way around the other patrons. His gait appears languid and uncaring but somehow he never seems to bump into anyone.

Following behind him - presumably his brother - is a swap Sans. He looks completely out of place in this bar. His clothes are clean and meticulously unwrinkled. Grinning amicably at everyone, he keeps looking around and gawking at everything as if he's never stepped foot in a bar. He keeps apologizing every time he even slightly bumps another monster's elbow, and the repeated apologies slow him down in his progress towards the bar counter.

The Papyrus gets there first, and smoothly slides onto one of the bar stools, flashing Fellby a grin. "Hey."

The Sans finally gets to the bar, and struggles onto one of the stools. "GOOD AFTERNOON MR. GRILLBY! YOU HAVE QUITE AN..." He turns to look around at the bar. "INTERESTING ESTABLISHMENT HERE! VERY COLORFUL!" He beams at Fellby.

"...Hey, pal..." The Papyrus takes the cigarette out of his mouth and blows smoke at the bar in a single, long exhalation. "Hook me up with a whiskey neat, yeah?"
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyThu 21 Sep - 19:46

The pair would certainly attract some eyes...such a well-kept Underswap Sans was something to be sought after. Seeing one here of all places was quite an oddity. Fellby, on the other hand, didn't seem overly shocked by it....in fact, he even appeared a little entranced by the seeming innocence of the shorter. "Well, I try my best to keep it....comfortable for my patrons." His words drawl out with ease, and he nods at the other's request, pouring the drink and sliding it over.

Though, once he's done his look over for the Sans....he simply turns away, addressing all his attention to the Papyrus instead. "So, you got a reason for bringin' your Sans here? Perhaps..." He smiles and winks, "lookin' to find a job? Make some extra money? He's already caught quite a few eyes, I'm sure you could tell."
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyThu 21 Sep - 20:00

He's unconcerned when Fellby ignores him. "WOWIE! YOU REALLY DO! EVERYONE SEEMS VERY FRIENDLY, TOO!" He turns and waves at the various patrons staring at him, giving them all a warm smile, seemingly oblivious to the predatory nature of their gazes.

The Pap picks the drink up in one smooth motion, taking his cigarette away from his mouth to throw back the entire glass. He then puts the glass back down on the counter and takes another drag on his cigarette. He's taking his time, and his eyes twinkle with amusement at Fellby's comment. "You could say that."

"OF COURSE I'VE CAUGHT A FEW EYES!!! I SHOULD HOPE I CAUGHT ALL OF THEM! FOR I AM THE MAGNIFICENT CREAM PUFF! AND EVERYONE HERE RECOGNIZES MY GREATNESS!"

"Yep," agrees the taller skeleton. He grins at Fellby, and taps the glass expectantly. "We, are in fact, lookin' to make a little gold. If you're interested. You seem like a guy who likes to make...deals."
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyThu 21 Sep - 21:08

"Well, he would get whatever tips his fans throw at him," In fact, that proclamation from Sans had even more heads turning, "Assuming he's yours, you'd get a cut of revenue, depending. However....I only hire the best for my patrons. I wouldn't want them to be disappointed with his performance after all." He hums as he refills the glass. "Of course, I know a few monsters who are wonderful trainers....in fact, I've sent quite a few of my prize employees their way, and they improved greatly. But that's later down the road, I'd assure you."
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyThu 21 Sep - 21:17

"WHAT ARE YOU TWO CHATTERING ON ABOUT OVER THERE?" Puff turns back around and crosses his arms petulantly.

The Papyrus chuckles and pats his brother on the shoulder. "Well. I'm sure we can work something out." He picks up the glass and gulps down the next drink as quickly as the first. "But..." He nods at the bar. Almost every monster was staring at him now. "Don't you think it would be better if we discussed this somewhere more...private?"
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyThu 21 Sep - 22:48

"I don't know if you've noticed, but we are currently open right now." He gestures to the entirety of the busy establishment. "Perhaps if you came back tomorrow, perhaps before noon, I could make time to speak with more detail." After all, Fellby was being called over to other sides of the bar by this point as well. "I do look forward to....sampling the merchandise, so to speak. And if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to include someone else in our private audition."
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 0:50

"Mmmmm...that's a good point." The Papyrus looks over at his brother. Fellby was clearly inferring something different about exactly what they were selling, but Noodle certainly wasn't gong to disabuse him of that notion. Not before they got him alone, at least. They didn't want to play their hand too soon.

He drums his fingers lightly on the countertop. "Well, that's a real shame...but I s'ppose we can come back tomorrow. P was real excited about showin' off the...merchandise today, but you can't rush a good thing,can you?" He His grin widens.

"NO, OF COURSE NOT."

"...Who else didja wanna include? A business partner? Someone you...trust?"
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 1:17

"I believe the description 'business partner' suits him nicely, so we'll go with that." He refills the glass for the Papyrus another time before finally looking back at Sans and....chuckling to himself and giving the short skeleton a glass of tap water. "I'll put your drinks...on your tab. Though, I would suggest you stay and watch a while, must have been a long walk from whatever district you two come from." And like that, he nods and moves off, going to go serve his other clients.
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 1:30

Noodle is happy enough to take the 'free' drink, drinking this one a little slower in between drags from his cigarette. He eyes the activity in the bar critically, taking it all in. Seems like a good spot. He definitely has the clientele to support our fees. And from what he's suggesting about Sans, he clearly has no scruples about moving...certain products.

Puff sips at his water, complaining loudly to his brother about the lack of milkshakes. Noodle nods along, but doesn't make an effort to find him a milkshake. He's intent on observing the bar patrons.
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 1:48

Most of the other customers had returned to their own activities....but those that Sans affected deeply, like Underswap Papyruses or even some Swapfells as well...they kept their eyes on him. Though, not directly, most were from overly common glances, or out of the corner of their sockets. In fact...one of those Swapfells walked over.

"Welcome to the best place in town." He chuckles, nodding at the both of them, "Couldn't help but notice how interested the Boss is with you two." He smiled at both of them but...it was obvious most of his attention was invested in Sans. "Most call me Smoke, but you can call me whatever you like~" He winks, "What should I call you?"
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 1:55

Puff smiles warmly at him. "HELLO! IT IS NICE TO MEET YOU, SMOKE! AND OF COURSE HE WAS INTERESTED!!! WHO WOULDN'T BE INTERESTED IN ME?" He nods and puffs out his chest proudly. Noodle chuckles.

"M'Noodle. Nice ta meet'cha." He blows smoke over Puff's head, into Smoke's face. "We got business with...'the boss'. He seems...receptive. Although 'parently we gotta come back later."

"WHICH IS JUST A REAL SHAME! WE CAME ALL THE WAY OUT HERE!"
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 2:01

Smoke doesn't seem put off by the billow of smoke, in fact, he even seemed to enjoy it....or at least was able to tolerate it with a smile. At hearing their disappointment though...he simply clicked his tongue, "Well that's a shame, but tonight is a busy night. But...perhaps if you want to waste some time..." His hand rests over Sans' shoulder, "I could give both of you a real good time..."

As if the magic that emanated from Smoke's bones being filled with lust wasn't enough, just the fact that someone was talking to them was making the air thick with jealousy in some areas. "After all, it would be good to have gotten something from your trip out here, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 2:12

Puff's sockets grow wide at the hand on his shoulder, amazed. "WOWIE, REALLY? A GOOD TIME? FOR BOTH OF US! THAT SOUNDS JUST SWELL!!! WHAT KIND OF GOOD TIME? ARE WE GOING TO PLAY A GAME?" He looks at Smoke innocently, practically bouncing in his seat at the prospect of something fun.

Noodle chokes down a snort, and covers it up by turning his head and coughing into his glass. Good to see you're having fun, bro. He grins around at the other swaps, enjoying their obvious envy just a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 2:16

Smoke at the other's reaction, a realization somehow suddenly dawning on his face. The hand leaves his shoulder, and he instead directs his gaze to Noodle. He draws his skull in closely to the other, whispering barely above a breath. Hopefully, in the clamor of the bar, Puff wouldn't be able to hear...

"Does he even know what I'm referring to? Why did you bring him out here of all places?"
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 2:22

"ARE YOU TWO KEEPING SECRETS?" Puff admonishes.

Noodle blinks lazily at Smoke, exhaling another mouthful of smoke at him. He grins, and there's...a sharp undercurrent to the smile. He lowers his voice as well.

"Why don't you ask him?"

"YOU KNOW!!! IT'S RUDE TO WHISPER!"
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 2:28

Smoke just gives him an incredulous look before shrugging, and acquiescing. "Puff," He purrs out the name like it's made of gold, revered and sought after. "I know your brother is here with you, but perhaps you'd allow me to be your brother, if only for a little while?" With the strangeness of the situation, it's much easier for him to fall back to his training. After all, relying on a memorized script is much simpler than trying to improvise with....this.

Grillby watches out of the corner of his 'eyes'. He wouldn't want Smoke to be delaying work, after all, but...at the same time, seeing his most experienced employee get so surprised was grand entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 2:50

Puff leans forward, smile never faltering. They had an audience, after all. When he speaks, he's lowered his voice so that only Smoke can hear him. His voice also sounds lower in pitch, somehow.

"Wowie, how did you know? It's like a dream come true- I always wanted to fuck an incestuous pile of failure. Mm-mm, my favorite, the sloppiest seconds in the Citadel. Does that line ever work? Lots of people lining up for that? Some Sans's sad little dregs?

He leans back, eyelights glittering. "YOU SMELL LIKE SMOKE, MISTER! MWEHEHEH, I BET THAT'S WHERE YOU GET YOUR NAME, HUH?"

Last edited by Cream Puff on Fri 22 Sep - 3:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 3:00

Smoke jerks back as if he's been struck, sockets wide, mouth agape. "I-I-" For once he's at a loss for words as he slowly processes....what...just...happened...The words burn, but Smoke can't be angry. The surprise slowly fades, and he forces his expression back to 'normal'. "Nyeh, well, call me blind." He chuckles and shakes his skull, "Well, normally most that are here don't have a brother already. It's kind of the appeal." He just shrugs, "And besides, have you seen these streets around here? I doubt you'd wanna be stranded in some disgusting alley. At least this is a job, y'know?" Not like it was the first time a patron had called him disgusting, incestuous trash, and he doubted it'd be the last. Came with the occupation.
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 3:21

Puff seems amused by his initial shock, his grin widening slightly. Noodle lets out a small chuckle and turns back to his drink.

"WELL! IT CERTAINLY IS...A JOB! THAT'S SOMETHING NICE YOU CAN SAY ABOUT IT. GOOD ON YOU FOR STAYING POSITIVE!" Puff had slipped back into his friendly self so smoothly it was enough to give a monster whiplash. "I BET YOU COULD REALLY MAKE SOMETHING OF YOURSELF, SMOKEY, IF YOU REALLY TRIED!" He leans forward again, and this time his 'whisper' is just a stage whisper: clearly still audible to anyone bothering to listen. "YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE NOTICED, BUT IT'S A LITTLE DIRTY IN HERE. MAYBE YOUR CLEANING PEOPLE NEED A FEW POINTERS." Noodle grins into his glass as he finishes his drink. On the surface, it sounded like an innocent misunderstanding of the poverty of the area. Now that Smoke knew, though...it was clearly mocking.

Puff leans back away again, twirling around in his seat with a small giggle. "DO YOU THINK GRILLBY WILL BE ABLE TO SEE US AFTER CLOSING? I'M SURE YOU CAN PUT IN A GOOD WORD FOR US?" He does his best puppy dog eyes. They're very convincing. At least to the rest of the bar. "PRETTY PLEASE?"
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 3:26

"Well, not that he wouldn't be able to," There's a harder edge to Smoke's voice this time. This Sans is starting to piss him off, and as to why wasn't exactly hard to figure out. "It's just that this is, oh I don't know, a nightclub, so unless you're willing to sit around here and do jack shi-"

"Smoke." Fellby is walking back over, having sensed the tension just from the way Smoke's jawline was set. His voice and appearance quell the Papyrus' anger immediately.

"S-Sorry, sir. I'll get back to work."

"Be sure that you do." Fellby watches him head off critically before smiling back at the two. "I apologize for his behavior. He tends to get...close to any sort of Swap, whether they be the Fell variety or otherwise."
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 3:34

Noodle smiles wider, but Puff affects a hurt expression at Smoke's tone. His expression turns sympathetic when Fellby 'explains' Smoke's behavior.

"OH...THAT'S SO SAD." He does, indeed, look very sad about it. Noodle reaches over and pats Puff on the shoulder.

"just the way it is around here, bro, you can't let it get to you." Noodle fixes the cigarette back into his mouth and turns to Fellby. "I'm Noodle, by the way. I've gotta couple other potential buyers, so we're gonna head out, but we'll come back tomorrow, if you still want to hear us out?"
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 3:40

Fellby just quirks an 'eyebrow', "Buyers?" Now he was just confused. Surely...he didn't mean to...He looks from Puff, back to Noodle, to Puff again, like he's trying to fix a puzzle...before shrugging, and folding his arms across his chest. He nods towards Noodle. "Whatever you wish to do is your choice, but my offer still stands. I'll be here tomorrow with my assistant, before the main busy hours start getting things ready."
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 3:46

Noodle doesn't elaborate, and Puff just smiles at Fellby, not a care in the world.

"WELL! THAT SOUNDS GREAT THEN! WE'LL BE BACK TOMORROW! OH, AND MISTER GRILLBY, PLEASE TELL YOUR SMOKEY FRIEND THAT I'M SUPER EXTRA SORRY IF I SAID SOMETHING WRONG?" He looks apologetic. "I'M NOT ALWAYS THE BEST AT TALKING TO PEOPLE." Puff adds in a hint of sadness, just to complete the look.

Noodle gets up off the stool. "Sounds like a deal. We'll see you tomorrow, then." He heads to the door, Puff trailing behind him. As they exit, Puff shoots Smoke a wink and a smile.
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... EmptyFri 22 Sep - 3:51

((t-t-t-t-t-timeskip))

"Oh, I'm sure he knows." Fellby gives them a wave with a smile, though it could only last a moment before he's pulled away once more.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He'd be there the next day, where The Slow Burn was like a shell of itself from last night. 'Natural' light shone through the windows to illuminate the area, giving it an almost homey feeling in contrast to the dimmed club lights during night hours. He was currently polishing some glasses behind the counter, a few indistinct Sanses working as they mopped the floor and cleaned tables.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... Empty

Back to top Go down

Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next