The Citadel of Lost Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Citadel of Lost Souls

RPG Forum based on Undertale and its Aus. (Idea from Askellie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 3:57

They're prompt, and Noodle doesn't even bother knocking. He makes his way into the bar and heads straight for Fellby, Puff trailing behind him and bouncing excitedly. He's still smoking, and the two of them look just as out of place as they did yesterday, crisp, and clean and unconcerned with their surroundings.

"Hey." Noodle lifts a hand to wave at Fellby.

"GOOD MORNING!!!"
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 5:17

((When you didnt realize it was on a second page))

The elemental sees them walk in, the workers making way for them as they head over. "Welcome back, you two. It seems he didn't get sold after all." Fellby smiles, offering a hand to shake in greeting. "Not that I blame you, with how close he is to you, I doubt you'd want to launder him off to some disreputable street-dweller."
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 5:49

((woops))

Noodle tries to hold it in, but can't help it as a burst of laughter bubbles out of him. "Oh, right, of course." He looks over at his brother. Puff gives Fellby a quizzical look.

"What do you say we go somewhere slightly more private before we keep talking." He nods at the various Sanses cleaning up. "Lotsa people out here. Not the best place to...discuss business."
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 5:57

"Of course, of course. I didn't want to rush you, after all, but let's head back there." He places the glass he's polishing down, putting everything away, and then walking out behind the counter to beckon them towards the hallway. There were more cleaners here, presumably for what had ever transpired in these private rooms last night, but such things didn't need description. "Don't worry about anyone walking in on us, I've had one room prepared early so we weren't disturbed." And perhaps it would be easy to tell just which room that was, considering there's a massive skeletal dog sitting guard by the side of the door. Fellby offers no explanation, simply opening the black colored wood, and holding it open for the other two to enter.

Inside the room, there's a casual seating area with a table, and on the other side of the room, a rather large bed. But what was perhaps more surprising was the fact that Smoke was there....sitting on aforementioned bed. Perhaps that was because he was told to wait there, or perhaps it was because there were only three chairs to actually sit in comfortably.
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 6:11

Noodle takes note of the dog, filing that information away for later. He's not even sure what that thing is.

Once they're inside and the door is shut, Puff stops bouncing. He rolls his eyes upon seeing Smoke, and drops his friendly grin.

"THIS FUCK AGAIN? WELL ALRIGHT." He's just as loud, but his voice is deeper. Puff moves over to the table, sitting down at one of the chairs. He reaches into his pocket, and frowns. "PAP." Noodle sighs, and slides into one of the chairs next to him, pulling out his own pack of cigarettes and pushing them across the table to him.

"You gotta start keepin' more on ya, bro."

"BITE ME." He taps a cigarette out of the carton, and pulls out a lighter. He lights it and take s pull before looking around at the other two. "YOU'VE MADE SOME PRETTY HEAVY ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT WHAT EXACTLY WE'RE SELLING HERE." He lets the smoke trail out through his sockets, unperturbed by the strange sensation.
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 6:16

Smoke just grunts at the shorter's tone, but he doesn't actually say anything, instead opting to focus on Fellby instead. "Ah, there's that skeleton I've heard so much about." Fellby chuckles, shaking his head in amusement as he takes one of the seats. "I barely believed it when Smoke told me what exactly had transpired before you two left, but now I'm not having so much difficulty to do so." He watches them settle in before continuing, though...the smell of cigarettes has Smoke's hand twitching slightly against his pant leg. "Well yes, at first glance, I assumed your Papyrus was renting you off for some extra gold. But through just your reactions alone," he nods at Noodle, "I became suspicious that wasn't actually the case." He leans back in the chair, folding his arms and sighing, "So let's stop wasting time and beating around the bush, shall we? What is it that you're trying to find some sort of buyer for?"
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 6:25

"YEAH, THAT'S CAUSE ALL THESE SANS AROUND HERE HAVE SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS POURING OUT THEIR ASSHOLES AN NOT A LICK OF SENSE BETWEEN THE LOT OF THEM." He shoots a smug grin at Smoke. "BUT I GUESS THAT'S JUST WHAT SOME PEOPLE ARE INTO, HUH?"

Puff redirects his attention to Fellby when he mentions his suspicions. "THAT'S CAUSE PAP CAN'T CONTAIN HIS LAUGHTER WHEN PEOPLE ACT LIKE FOOLS." He sets the cigarette between his teeth and crosses his arms over his no restraint. "WHAT CAN I SAY, HE'S GOT NO RESTRAINT."

Noodle snorts, and Puff grins wider. "AND AS FOR WHAT WE'RE SELLING..." He nods at Noodle, who pulls out...what looks like a jar, almost. Some sort of container, that looks like it's come out of a lab. He sets it on the table between them. Inside is glowing, pure white magic.

Concentrated. Almost impossible to obtain. Highly illegal. And very, very valuable.

"We're pretty sure you can figure out a few uses for this."
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 6:30

Fellby's eyes only widen slightly at it...though Smoke is practically drooling at the sight. Eventually, he hums, leaning forward to take the bottle into his own hands and do a visual inspection, speaking as he does so. "Hm, well there are certainly plenty who have, or more than likely, had that kind of brother, so it fits the demographic. Desperation and a need for relief make for a profitable business, as you can see." He twists and turns the bottle, watching the pure white, yet somehow shaded swirls move about with seemingly zero concern for physics. His hand reaches for its cap. "May I?"
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 6:34

"WELL, YES. AND I'M HAPPY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE MISTAKE OF THINKING ALL ALTS ARE THE SAME. YOU WOULD THINK THE VARIANCE WOULD MAKE MORE PEOPLE WARY, BUT LUCKILY FOR ME...THEY'RE NOT." Noodle takes note of Smoke's eagerness, but doesn't react.

Puff nods at Grillby. "GO RIGHT AHEAD. IT IS SIMPLY A SAMPLE." He gestures at the container dismissively, as if Fellby wasn't holding an very powerful amount of magic in his hands.
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 6:43

"Well, perhaps it's simple naivety, or perhaps simply false hope. People don't like what's different from what they know, after all." He unscrews the lid, half expecting the magic to spill out like a gas but...it doesn't, being contained nicely within the jar like a heavy gas. Well, no time like the present, he pours some into a cup, which was the strangest thing he's ever 'poured', rescuers the lid on, and...."Smoke. Come over."

He's almost too compliant to do so, hurrying forward to kneel besides the elemental's chair, and consequently accept the cup from him. He drinks it all in one go before handing the cup back and....his sockets go wide, a dull orange flaring to life in one of them.

"Well it certainly seems like the real thing." Especially considering how Smoke's bones were rattling at this point as he tried desperately to contain himself. He just pats the poor skeleton's head and leaves him there to converse with the others. "I assume you won't tell me your methods of retrieval, but I am curious as to what products you already have using this as an ingredient."
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 7:02

"PEOPLE ARE STUPID," he says bluntly, and watches Fellby examine the magic.

Noodle moves to tell Smoke to stop, but he's not fast enough, the other skeleton has already gulped it down. He sighs. "Get ready for literally the worst hangover in your life, bud." If that was his first time trying pure magic, at least. That wasn't a beginner's dose. Puff makes no move to stop him, watching him with an amused expression before looking back at Fellby.

"Yeah. Let's say it's a proprietary recipe."

"THERE'S A VARIETY OF APPLICATIONS. BESIDES AS AN ENERGY SOURCE, IT CAN MAKE INCREDIBLY EFFECTIVE HEALING ITEMS, AND ENHANCES THE EFFECTS OF ANY DRUG EXPONENTIALLY. MONSTER BODIES READILY ACCEPT OTHER MONSTER MAGIC, SO WHILE THERE MAY BE...A 'HANGOVER,' AS PAP PUT IT, THERE'S NO RISK OF OVERDOSING ON IT ALONE. IT CAN BE REFINED INTO A MORE PALATABLE DRUG, BUT THE BIGGEST HIGH IS DIRECT SOUL INJECTION AS-IS. THERE'S PRODUCTS THAT REDUCE THE HIGH, BUT GIVE THE MONSTER AN EVEN MORE POTENT AMOUNT OF READILY-AVAILABLE MAGIC."

"S'also got some pretty powerful healing capabilities. With enough of the stuff, you can push beyond what a monster can normally do with green magic. I've seen a guy regrow a whole arm before." Puff nods.

"IT'S ALSO UNTRACEABLE AFTER IT HAS BEEN ABSORBED BY A MONSTER. NO DRUG TEST CAN DETECT IT. IT JUST MELDS WITH A MONSTER'S REGULAR MAGIC."

"We're really not the guys to talk to, though, we don't do our own...refinement. We're just suppliers. We just know the market is there. We're one of the very few people in the Citadel who can get ahold of this at all. And probably the only ones who can get it with any reliability."
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 7:07

"Well, I'd have to get back to you and determine my own value of it. See if our prices....match up so to speak." Out of the corner of his eye, Smoke is...leaning towards the bottle, reaching for more...but Fellby smacks his hand away and he yelps.

"I-I-It i-is-"

"Shut up." Smoke looks like a chastised puppy, and Fellby is just plain disappointed in his behavior. "I have a partner who might be able to determine the usefulness of these potential applications, if you'd be so kind as to give me possession over this sample...."
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 7:18

"WE WOULD BE AMENABLE TO THAT. HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE YOUR CONTACT TO ASSESS THE VALUE?" Puff looks at Smoke disdainfully. He was shaping up to be one of the more disappointing Papyruses, but he want not that surprised.

Noodle leans back in his chair, eyelights looking around the room. He looks bored with the entire meeting.

"ONCE YOU DO, WE WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS...PRICING. I INVITE YOU TO ASK AROUND AS WELL. I'M SURE YOU HAVE AN EXTENSIVE NETWORK. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET THIS FROM ANYONE ELSE REGULARLY. WE'RE THE PEOPLE TO COME TO FOR PURE MAGIC."
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 7:24

"Oh I don't doubt that in the slightest. Considering the way just simple food is replicated, I assume it isn't the easiest to get such a pure dispense of it. I'll notify you when I have my information for the next meeting." He takes the bottle back, holding it himself to make sure Smoke didn't get any ideas...though it seemed like the effects were currently hitting him pretty hard. Oh well. "Before we part ways for now, do you two have any questions for me?" He was already sitting up straighter, in preparation to stand. He wouldn't be surprised if they said no but...asking was always a formality.
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 7:29

"Besides when we should meet again? Nothing I can think of." He gets up, assuming they're done.

"WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR DOG?" Puff may have had no reaction while they were in the hall, but he had to admit he was interested. He hadn't seen anything like it before, and he was curious. He stands as well, though, preparing to leave.
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 7:33

"Oh, him." Fellby just gave a dismissive hand wave. "Rather rare, one of my affiliates found him in the Fell District, brought him to my doctor friend, and they gave him to me. Simple as that." He stood up, as if that was really all that mattered about that canine. "If you want one there's only two ways that I can think of, and I doubt the second is possible." He shrugs, not caring. Sure, having two would be nice, but one mustn't get too greedy. He takes his phone out of his pocket, "May I have some form of contact for you? I'll use it to notify you of any changes."
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 7:52

There's a glint in his eyes when he hears that word. Rare. Exotic. Exclusive. He had to have one now. But...that could come later, of course. Once Fellby needed them...when they were steady suppliers. It's always easier to getting information out of 'friends.' But in the back of his mind, he's already plotting. It really was an interesting creature. Something he could keep in the garden and show off.

Noodle takes out a phone and reads off a number. "Obviously we're expecting a certain level of discretion."

"WE HAVE A REPUTATION TO MAINTAIN, AFTER ALL." The two of them look ready to leave, unless Fellby stops them.
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 15:13

"No need to worry. Keep yourselves safe." He waves to them as he watches them leave, eyes following them carefully. On the outside of the door, however, the canine watches them much more intensely than Fellby could, though that's probably because it has no need to blink, and only one pupil shining. It doesn't get up from its position, but it keeps its eyes on them for as long as possible...

They'd get a call about a week or so later, confirming that Fellby had all the information he needed...and was ready to work out an agreement.
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 20:19

"WE'LL HAVE NO TROUBLE THERE," he replies, before leaving the room. Puff turns and looks right back at the blaster hybrid. Smiling. There's a hungry look in his eyes, and he returns the intense gaze for a moment before snapping back to his persona.

"WHAT A NICE DOGGIE!" Noodle rolls his eyes. He knows that look. This isn't the last he's going to hear about getting a "dog." He sighs and the two of them leave together, Puff back to his bouncy self.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fellby never shared what his number was going to be when he called them. Nevertheless, Noodle answers the phone with a casual "Hey Fellby."
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 20:46

"The other day my accomplice got back to me with some prototypes from that sample you gave me. I have how much it would take to produce them and timing charts and all that. Would you like to meet once more and discuss payment and deliveries?"
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 22:19

"Sure." There's muffled talking from the other end of the line, before Noodle speaks again. "We can do tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Sep - 22:30

"Splendid. Come to the same room as before. I'll be waiting for you." Click.

And so he was. Fellby was there, same room, guarded by that same creature, a black case by his chair. The only real notable difference between this meeting and the last one was that Smoke was nowhere to be found, it was simply, just Fellby.
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Sep - 1:24

They both arrive, right on time. Once Puff its in the room, he drops the act and looks around the room. He's pleased that Smoke is not here this time. He doesn't want to deal with an addict. He already had to deal with his brother's...indulgences.

"YOU FOUND EVERYTHING SATISFACTORY?" Noodle hangs back near the door.
Back to top Go down
Fellby
Face in the crowd
Fellby

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Sep - 1:52

"Quite. We've already agreed on some various forms of usage...not like it matters to you. All you need to worry about is maintaining the supply." From his case, he pulls out papers, detailing the amounts needed, projected growth of use and dispersing among a population..."So you see, if you and I want to make as much as possible, you'll need to deliver this much every month. You understand?" Simple enough, the math was still math though, of course. So that could still be...iffy, but in the end it wasn't too difficult. Now it was simply up to these two...
Back to top Go down
Cream Puff
Lost Soul
Cream Puff

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Sep - 2:56

Puff takes the papers, holding them so Noodle can read along with him. They talk quietly with each other before Puff looks up at Fellby.

"WE CAN WORK WITH THESE NUMBERS. OUR SUPPLY IS STEADY, AND WE HAVE CONSIDERABLE RESERVES AT THIS POINT." He taps the paper. "HOWEVER...I DON'T FUNK I NEED TO TELL YOU THAT WE DON'T WANT OR NAMES ATTACHED TO THIS. CURRENTLY WE'RE HERE FOR..." A nasty grin makes its way into his face. "'CHARITY.' AND WE DON'T WANT ANY RUMORS STARTING."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...   Puff and Noodle with a Proposition... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Puff and Noodle with a Proposition...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next